Today is National Chicken Soup for the Soul Day. I’d never heard of it before, but then again, there are many things I haven’t heard of. Of course, there are tasty recipes for chicken soup https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/chicken-soup-recipes-from-scratch/, but what I’m thinking of are non-food ingredients. The following are the ingredients for my soup for the soul:
- My family. All it takes is a visit or a phone call and I feel better.
- My friends. A text from my bestie inviting me for a coffee meet-up is an immediate pick me up.
- My author friends. Discussing our books, writing, and publishing always lifts my spirits.
- Reading a great book. Taking a time-out with a book will always improve my mood.
- Writing. Seeing my ideas come to life on the page is reaffirming that I have a story to tell.
- Coffee with a treat. When I need to regroup, a coffee break with a treat will bring me back to focus.
- A walk on the farm. Fresh air along with a visit with the Ladies is invigorating.
Do you have a chicken soup for the soul recipe? Is it chicken soup or do you add special things or people into your life to make you feel better? I’d love for you to share your thoughts with me.
Have a great weekend and happy reading!
About the Author
Deborah Armstrong is an expert in writing engaging and scintillating romance. For example, in the Davina and Quinn Love series, Deborah Armstrong writes hot and spicy contemporary romance with a touch of country, inviting her readers to experience Hollywood, New York City, and her very own dairy farm in Canada. However, in the Game Changer series, Deborah uses the foothills of Alberta as her setting for her sensual romances. Deborah Armstrong’s books are for you if you love passion, drama, and suspense in your romance stories.
©Deborah Armstrong, 2021 All rights reserved.