I’ll never forget that hot and steamy summer that started me on my writing journey.
It was June, and I’d celebrated a significant birthday. I couldn’t settle for some reason, and all that interested me was reading my daughter’s collection of romance novels. I read them all: paranormal, contemporary, historical, and chick-lit. And, I didn’t read the books once; I read them over and over again. I also began to write romance, and by the time December arrived, I had two rough drafts ready: Forever Love and Love’s Promises.
I live with my family on our large dairy farm. My writing is a romantic blend of farming, family and fantasy. Romance and farming were never so hot, especially when a Hollywood heartthrob or sexy rock star is involved.
When I’m not writing or working on the farm, I enjoy reading, travelling, watching movies and spending time with my family and friends. I enjoy a strong mug of coffee, chocolate milk and single malt scotch in no particular order. I work out at the gym three times a week. My cardio time is my “book thinking” time for unravelling plots and conversations for my current work in progress.
My writing focuses on romance; however, I read most fiction genres. Paranormal romance and comedic fiction are my current favourites.
I love the writing process. My characters decide when and how to tell their story. They talk to me at the strangest times. When I’m driving, doing cardio or trying to fall asleep, they whisper in my ear and say, “this is what needs to happen next.”
Ten Fun Facts About Me
- I won a Tim Horton’s car in 2014, and yes it was mine to keep for as long as I wanted it. I still drive it.
- I have no tattoos, although they fascinate me, and I wrote about them in Love’s Challenge.
- One of my summer jobs as a student was packaging hot dogs for Maple Leaf Foods. I still like to eat them.
- I hate the smell of goat. I can’t eat goat cheese or meat because it tastes like goats smell, and yes, I can tell the difference between goat and cow cheese.
- My alcoholic drink of choice is the Old Fashioned—bourbon or rye with two dashes of Angostura bitters, a sugar cube, a few dashes of water with an orange garnish.
- I can play the flute and piano (not at the same time). I hated piano lessons and developed a nervous cough during my lessons.
- My celebrity crush is Ryan Reynolds. I love his looks, his sense of humour, his movies, and that he’s Canadian. He’s Davina’s movie crush in Forever Love.
- When I was younger, before the age of 5, I had an imaginary friend called Stanley. I don’t remember him, although my mother has told me many stories about him and his antics.
- I have double-jointed thumbs. I can bend my thumb over my knuckles.
- I love to travel, although I get motion sickness. I have to face forward when I’m in a bus, train, or car.
In the Media
Interview with Teena Avery on her Rogers cable show, Dufferin Life.
Deborah Armstrong is an expert in writing engaging and scintillating romance. She lives on the family dairy farm with her husband and 500 cows. She is a sucker for a great romance. When she isn’t reading or writing romance, she can be found watching the news, listening to music, or somewhere out on the farm visiting with the cows who she lovingly calls The Ladies. Deborah is an advocate for agriculture and Canadian Dairy. She posts pictures of her writing life, including her cows, coffee mugs, and travels.
CONTACT DETAILS: Ph: 647-527-4108 | 13079 Dixie Road, Caledon, ON Canada L7C 2M6 | firstname.lastname@example.org
MEMBER OF: Toronto Romance Writers | Writers’ Ink | Women Supporting Women, Brampton | Ontario Federation of Agriculture
BOOKS: Forever Love | Love’s Promises | Loves Game’s | Love’s Challenges | Boss
Yes, I will gladly schedule up to 30 minute Q & A Skype/Zoom call with groups that have read any of my books. Please fill out the form with information about your group and available dates or times.