Romance movies. The perfect time to watch romance movies is in the winter. It’s cold outside, the wind is blowing, and all I want to do is cuddle on the sofa with my hubby. The fireplace is on (it’s propane), the hot chocolate is ready, along with a big bowl of buttery popcorn. Here are 5 of my go-to romance movies:
1. The Notebook (2004) Gena Rowlands, James Garner, Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling. A poor yet passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman. Still, their social differences come between them. Tearjerker. Love it.
2. Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011) Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore and Emma Stone. When his wife asks him for a divorce, a man’s life changes dramatically. With the help of a new friend, he attempts to re-enter the dating scene. This movie is both serious and funny. Love it.
3. The Proposal (2009) Ryan Reynolds, Sandra Bullock, Betty White. An overbearing boss tries to avoid deportation by forcing her apprentice to marry her. Funny. Betty White is in it. We see Ryan naked. Need I say more?
4. Definitely, Maybe (2008) Ryan Reynolds, Rachel Weisz, Abigail Breslin, Elizabeth Banks. A father tries to explain his impending divorce and past relationships to his 11-year-old daughter. Keeps us guessing through the entire movie. Who did he marry? Who is he meant to be with? Sweet. Romantic.
5. Just Friends (2005) Ryan Reynolds, Amy Smart, Anna Faris. While on a business trip to his hometown during Christmas, a man comes face-to-face with his old high school crush. Funny. Sweet. Embarrassing. Great movie.
You may have noticed that the male leads are named Ryan. Both are talented Canadian actors who are funny and adorable. Much to Quinn’s dismay, Davina has a crush on Ryan Reynolds in my Davina & Quinn Series, and she is not embarrassed to admit it. https://deboraharmstrong.ca/forever-love/
If you enjoy Pinterest, I have a few boards you might like to check out: Hunks, Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling, and Favourite Movies. https://www.pinterest.ca/deboraharmstrongauthor/
Do you have a favourite go-to romance movie? Who is your favourite actor or actress? I’d love to know.
Stay warm. Stay Safe.
© Deborah Armstrong 2021